Tuesday, May 3, 2011

“The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe” by C.S. Lewis


Every week I go to a movie night where we watch one movie together every week and the only requirement is that the movie has to be in a series. The intention is to spend time with friends and watch the movies in a series that is leading up to a new release. When there are weeks that no new series sequel is to come out we fill it with completed series (ie. Indiana Jones, Naked Gun). Anyway, In one of these weeks where no new series was coming out we watched the three movies that were part of the Chronicles of Narnia movie series. 

I enjoyed the series. Didn’t love the movies, but they were entertaining. I happened to have the books in my house so I flipped through them and figured it would not take me that long to read, so I decided to read it.  

This was the first children’s book that I had read in a long time. The last one I think being in the Harry Potter series. Compared to Harry Potter I felt that this book could not hold a candle to it. But it was entertaining enough. And I definitely felt it was a classic worth reading. I put a lot of references into perspective. I know that the symbolism of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is some of the most aggressive that I have ever read. Aslan’s resemblance to Jesus was completely uncanny and that is one of the major aspects that is referenced about the book when people discuss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment